Whee! When I read this morning's post, I was thinking you hadn't posted a picture for awhile, so I'm super excited to see this. Yeah! The baby is coming!
You look so great. You inspired me to suck it up and take some pictures. Isn't it amazing what our bodies are becoming? I think I'm going to have to start wearing dresses to work. Nothing seems to cover my belly.
and IT'S A GIRL!! I'll do a proper introduction later and the whole story and everything but in the meantime, we had a baby girl. 2:15pm on Friday afternoon (I posted at, what? 10;30am? You do the math!!). Her name is Dahlia Marie and she weighed in at a whopping 6lbs even. 19 1/4" long and so incredibly gorgeous (although, I might be a wee bit biased). The birth was the most amazing experience I've ever been through and my mind is still, well, blown, quite frankly. I am so tired though...time for a quick nap before we try to feed again.
Last night I gave myself my first insulin injection. I am a BIG wimp. The needle is BEYOND TINY. I was about a half-a-step a way from hyper-ventilating and working myself into a tear filled frenzy as I sat in the bathroom with my alcohol swabbed belly exposed, injection pen in hand and Steve encouraging me. I knew it wasn't going to be a big deal but there is something about stabbing yourself with a needle that causes a mind/hand disconnect and I was frozen. Steve offered to do it for me, but I knew I would be alone mostly and would have to suck it up and do it then. Finally after about 5 minutes of NOTHING I said, I can do it but you can't watch. So he left and I did it and it was nothing! The needles that they gave me are tiny. It hurts far less than prick #4 of the day for the BG testing. It goes in, you count to six while holding down the trigger, you take it out. I had a tiny bit of blood and some itchiness afterwards but I think that's normal. This morning's injec...
Comments
man, did your pregnancy fly by or what????
I keep looking at your new picture and thinking you should have someone trace your profile on the wall...
Weird thought I know, but wouldn't that make an interesting keepsake?
We'll be meeting our babies sooooo soon.