He's the Cheese to My Macaroni*

4 years ago today I met Steve. Well, I "met" him through Match or Yahoo or both a few weeks prior and we did the emailing back & forth thing for a while to 'get to know' each other...but it was 4 years ago today that we met up for a beer at a little bar/cafe called Nutty Megs in downtown Duluth.

Our relationship has far outlasted Nutty Megs but it was our starting point. We drank beer & chatted and it was easy. It was so wonderfully easy. And he was cute. We closed the place down and headed next door to Pizza Luce for some more beer & conversation. We closed that place down too.

When we left, we hugged and made a tentative date for two days later to go cross-country skiing...we did and the rest, as they say, is history.

I love you Steve! I'm so grateful that you came into my life.

*or maybe I'm the cheesy one...

Comments

michelle said…
what a sweet post! :)

i'm so happy for you guys and wish you a lifetime more of happy years together :)

oh - and i love the quote :)
Anonymous said…
What a great story!
Kate said…
Congratulations! I love you!
Meigan said…
"...gotta do it like this like Chachi and Joanie because she's the cheese and I'm the macaroni..."

You just reminded me of my favorite Beastie Boys song! I'm sure that's what you were going for.

Hey congrats! What a cool dating experience. Your hearts will always be in Duluth!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....