Cabin Fever

We had a temperature drop of 60 degrees the other day. From midnight to 6am. 60 DEGREES! It went from 40 to -20 in 6 hours. YUCK. No wonder we have ice on the INSIDE of our windows. Ah old houses with crappy windows & no insulation. I'm going to be spending Dahlia's college fund just to heat the place! Ugh.

I'm going slightly nuts as we haven't really been able to get out the past couple of days. I need some adult conversation, change of scenery & stimulation. I'm hoping tomorrow the weather will be better but it doesn't sound like it will be *MUCH* better. I long for the days when I can take her for a stroller ride around the block. Something - anything! Different! I'm going nuts here!

We did pop out briefly tonight to visit Steve's Great Aunt at a hospice house here in Duluth. It thrilled her that we stopped to visit and that makes me feel warm & fuzzy inside - even if it was only -10 outside.

Tomorrow I have a work meeting (at a bar! nice!) and hopefully will get out to run some errands during the day...the monotony of a newborn + January is getting to me...can you tell?!?!

Comments

Mrs. Ca said…
We had the same kind of drop in temperature here yesterday as well. I get cabin fever this time of year even without the newborn. Living in the great white north is harsh sometimes, isn't it?

I hope you're able to get out today. Do you have any mommy and me groups/classes in your area? I've been looking into them here, and they seem like a great way to get out and socialize a little bit.
Peder said…
I can completely relate.
Kate said…
Oh, I definitely relate to cabin fever. January is not my favorite month. And I've decided that if it's going to be so dang cold (we had a 60 degree drop also from Sunday to Monday) I deserve more SNOW! I move back to the Midwest for the seasons, and now I get no snow. There is no justice! Silly South Dakota.

Glad you have a meeting today. Does Dahlia get to go with you? I love those little cozy toppers for the baby carriers. You wouldn't know there was a bambino in there!

We used to have picnics on the floor in the house during the winter when we were little. Maybe roasting hot dogs on the stove with kool-aid might cheer you up!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....