PAINTING!

Well, I've been painting most of today. Whew. I primed our PLASTIC drawer fronts (egads- horrible) outside w/some plastic primer. It took me about an hour to get the damn spray can to work and eventually I gave up and "borrowed" a top from a black spray paint can and eventually that worked. Next I primed all the lower cabinet "trim" & cupboard doors. We're going to see if we maybe would like to leave the upper cabinets wood as they are in good shape. The lower cabinets are in crap shape and need to be "refreshed." I painted the drawer fronts once they were dry w/the darker color we're going with and then moved on to the cabinet doors. This has taken me ALL DAY. I did take a break to chat on the phone with my friend Sarah but other than that, that's all I've been doing. I'm stopping now even though I feel like I could do more. But it's 9pm, I haven't showered yet today and I'm feeling grimy and painty and want to relax for a little while before bed.

I hate having the kitchen all discombobulated (all the drawers, for instance, have been emptied on to the counter or in boxes) so that is good incentive for me to move quickly and to get this DONE. Hopefully I can finish a 2nd coat on all the darker color tomorrow and possible put coat #1 on of the "trim" color. Whew.

Again, there would be pictures if only I had a digital camera....you'll have to wait....

Comments

African Kelli said…
I'm waiting! I can't wait to see it. And I hope the reorganization process goes well.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....