Mayo & Hooliganism

Steve's Dad was at Mayo Clinic in Rochester today for surgery. The day has been a long one. Steve took him there at 6:30 this morning and didn't talk to the doctor again until 7:30 TONIGHT! Ugh. He's there with his siblings & his Dad's GF so that's good.

It's weird because they're in the SAME waiting room that I lived in for a week when my Dad was in the hospital. What a strange coincidence. Both of our fathers having brain injuries. And they're both young! (mine 57 at the time of his, His 65). Crazy. A good reason to keep on that healthy living track. (or try to at least).

The surgery went well and hopefully the recovery will go well too. It is planned that he will be discharged on Saturday. Yay! Then they'll be coming home. Yay yay!

Some hooligans woke me up last night with their loud & obnoxious behavior. Usually I don't wake up for such things because HELLO I'm sleeping! And Steve usually is hear to check things out and make sure that everything is a-okay. But he's not here so it was up to me and the 2 "attack cats." Well, I didn't really want to get woken up and the cats were pinning me under the covers, so really, what's a girl to do? It freaked me out slightly (there are some assholes around these parts) but I let it go. This morning when I got up to check the skunk hole (oh my, that sounds really dirty, doesn't it? - it's an actual HOLE outside with a SKUNK in it that we're trying to evict...) I noticed that the front gate was left open. Funny, since I hadn't used it yesterday. Later when I went out to the garage to go to work, the BACK gate was also open. Those damn hooligans must've been closer than I thought and cutting through my TOTALLY FENCED IN YARD! Argh. That pisses me off - probably becaus of the theft that we have and well, me being alone, I don't like the thought of people cavilerly coming through the yard. Anyway -nothing was gone; nothing broken so I guess that all is okay.

Tomorrow's Friday - hee haw....I'm most happy about that.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is so icky. We had the same problem with some kids in our neighborhood, and they were leaving the gates open and dogs were getting out, so we put padlocks on both gates, just for a few months. They must have tried a few times, but then given up so we were able to take them off.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....