The Longest Week Ever pt . 1

So, I've been away. Mentally, physically, emotionally.

I was bitching about my "bad day" last Monday and I wish I could go back a week and tell myself to chill the hell out. It's not that bad.

On Tuesday I got the worst phone call of my life. I was home at lunch. My aunt called. "I'm afraid I have bad news for you." My heart sunk to the bottom of my stomach; my legs starting quaking. I was fearing that one of my grandparents had died. "It's your Dad. He's being rushed to the Rochester. He's very sick. This is very serious and your Mom wants you here as soon as possible."

By that time the actual insides of my body - my legs, hands, arms, torso had turned to absolute jello. I've never felt myself shaking on the inside before. I started crying. I couldn't stand. The Boy had a horrified look on his face. I'm sure he had no idea what was going on except that I was melting onto the floor in front of him.

"She doesn't want you to drive. Can S [the boy] drive? If he's not there you need to wait for him. This is very serious."

The Boy cancelled his afternoon plans, I started throwing random things into a suitcase. Rochester is 3 1/2 hours away. My phone started ringing... First work ("you have a family emergency." then J "oh my god, what's the emergency I just called work." then Jen *sobbing* "oh my god, C, are you okay? I love you."). Everything was a blur. We were out the door within 20 minutes or so...on our way to be with family and to support my Mom and to find out what was going on with my Dad.

There is more to write but I'm tired and have been writing and re-telling this story all day so I'm going to take a break. I'll try to write the rest out tomorrow when I am at work and post it later in the day.

My Dad is alive, thankfully. I am still scared and sad and worried. He is still in the hospital. I still need your prayers and well-wishes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....