Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day was lovely. We woke up and it was - guess what? Clear, Sunny blue skies, 80-85 degrees outside, a slight breeze (which picks up in the afternoon) off the ocean. *sigh*

On Monday we didn't do a ton...we walked around a bit, had breakfast at the Las MaƱanitas (again), laid in the sun, read our books and later that afternoon went to rent bikes.

We thought we were SOOOOO lucky - Playa Bike was right across the street from our hotel. How fortunate. Unfortunately when we went early in the day, they didn't have any bikes. So we came back later and they had a couple. A boy's and a girl's. Well, the boy's bike was crap but it fit Steve okay. We thought my bike was 'nicer' but the seat needed to be adjusted. So for an hour we sat on the sidewalk and watched the two "bike guys" (hardly) try to get the seat lowered to accommodate my short stature. It was hot. They were sweating. They had a little teeny hammer that was bent that they kept beating the pole that the bike seat sits on....for an hour. Ack! Finally they gave up and apologized and said I could try it and if it was okay we could go, if not they'd give us our money back. I tried it. It wasn't great but I said I'd give it a shot. I know how badly the Boy wanted to go biking and I thought it would be fun too to do some exploring.

So we headed south. Out towards the real estate development called "Playacar" - but before getting there we had to go through hoards of rush-hour like pedestrian traffic. Egad. I'm very surprised I didn't run over anyone. I'm just not that good on bikes. We got out to Playacar and discovered a bird aviary (more about that tomorrow) and the traffic eased up and things got easier. Or did they?

About 1/2 way through the loop we were doing I noticed I couldn't steer and then I looked down to realize my handlebars were coming loose!! I was wobbling all over the cyclopista and feeling like a huge ass. Luckily my knight-in-shining-armor (the Boy) took my bike and slammed it into the ground a few times to make the handlebars not fall off. That worked for about 2 minutes. The ride back was quite difficult...and my handlebars were not only loose up they had shifted so they were upside-down. So I had to brake "up" so to speak. That was not fun. It was cool though to get out and see some trees and foilage...it's really getting built up out there.

So we took the bikes back..another "bike guy" "fixed" the handlebars and we went off to drink. :-)

Margaritas. Yum.

The Boy gave me the sweetest card ever...two love-struck iguanas on the front hanging out in the jungle. The inside says "Iguana love you all night long." *sigh*

I have him The Smitten which is incredibly cheesy but I think could be quite useful. Thankfully he thought it was cute.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....