This is Halloween

Tonight is the night of the big 1st annual Halloween Spooktacular & S-'s b-day Party. This year it's his GOLDEN birthday party so all the more special.

I had yesterday off and was busy in the kitchen all day. I made sugar cookie dough, pumpkin cookies, pretzel witch fingers, cupcakes, cleaned the living room (dusted, vacuumed) and made a salad for the b-day party at the Boy's Mom's house last night. Whew. Sadly the witch pretzel fingers - while creepy yet delicious looking - tasted VILE. I don't know if it was the salt I used or the pan I boiled them in but they were NASTY. I had to spit it out. The Boy agreed with me and the whole batch of fingers ended up in the kitchen compost. *sigh* What a waste.

So today I have to make monster brain dip, carve pumpkins, cut out, bake and decorate said sugar cookies, make the b-day cake, cut the apples, decorate, figure out the rest of my costume and crack a beer. Whew.

I love Halloween. Love love love it!!! I'm soooo excited. 31 people have RSVP'd to the party, there will be lots of costumes, music, scary movies, food, beer - yipee! My favorite time of year!

Okay - must go put up spider webs & red lights every where...fun fun fun! If I ever figure out how to do pictures, maybe I'll post some after the event....

Happy Halloween!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....