Monday Monday

How on earth can a Monday be SO MUCH LIKE a Monday?

Okay - to recap weekend...

Meeting of all parents went great. Lots of gabbing and getting to know each other, oohing over wild rice soup and scarfing up massive quantities of beef dip, veggies, cheesecake, pumpkin bars, etc. It was delish. I wasn't quite ready when my folks arrived...but it worked out okay - I did some power dusting/decorating and I don't think anyone really noticed.

Saturday - the Boy and Dad worked on the still leaking bathtub/shower - yay! It works and no longer leaks. Yes!!! We ate scrumptious baked goods from way-to-close bakery and later went to visit the Boy's Mom at her new townhome. Our Mothers - lots of gabbing...heh heh. My folks bought a townhome about 3 years ago so they love looking at other new townhomes. Ah the joys of "adulthood." Heh.

When we got home - lo and behold - some PUNK smashed in the back window of my Dad's van. Boy was I pissed. I seriously think there was steam coming out of my ears. My Dad being the Zen Master that he is - takes everything in stride, called the police, filed a report, taped pastic on - all without uttering a cuss word or breaking a sweat. Who's daughter am I anyway?!? They stole nothing - even though the back was full of tools . Punks. I hate them.

That night the Boy and I went to an engagement party - which was pretty fun. I met some new people which was nice, watched adults far older than me get wasted and fall off furniture and drooled over the heated tile floor in the massive bathroom (which is bigger than my guest room). *sigh*

Sunday Dad was up bright and early and working on the front porch - we (he) tore down the nasty old curtains that have been there since...1950? 51? and hardware and we started the joyous task of scraping & caulking in preparation of painting and making gorgeous.

It was a good visit. My Dad is like the Energizer Bunny though and it's hard to keep up with him! It's go go go all the time!! I'm thankful though. I really am.

So, today - I go out to my car and it makes a horrible squealing noise! Ack! Not the battery but it won't turn over....ack! Ack Ack! Don't know what it was. This is where the Boy's additional vehicle comes in handy. I drove the truck to work. At lunchtime I go out to the truck - DEAD. Yep - Brilliant Carrster left the g.d. lights on. What an ass. So, with a little help from my friends the truck was jumped and I went home for lunch.

That on top of dropping things constantly and having burning eyes all day and being totally out of it and sleepy made for a crappy crappy Monday. Oh and it's COLD and WINDY and blech blech blech.

But I have tonight "off" - no editing...a night of scraping and sanding is ahead of me after BLT's with my sweetie....

My car (Francis Ford Focus for those of you who don't know), is happily (?) on his way to the dealership to have some under-warranty work done on it. *sigh* I'm so glad there's only one Monday per week.



Comments

carrster said…
hey now...it's not that bad...

I found out it's the fuel pump. 2nd one in 5 months. Did I already post that? I'm losing it - will post more about the ACTUAL worst day of my week later.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....