Cat Pee

yes...this post is entitled cat pee.

Why? Because I have cats who are spraying like mad fiends in the house. The constant cleaning is not doing the trick. The cleaning with the "anti-urine" spray is not working. The phermone spray to calm and relax the cats...you guessed it...not working.

The boy and I were joking around on Sunday night about why we've grown so close. "Well, it's because we do so many fun things together," I said. "Like scrubbing the floor, donning rubber gloves and cleaning up lots of cat pee, " he added. Or the game we've devised out of cleaning the litter box. Yes. That's right "game." I mean come on after a while the strong aroma of amonia starts eating away at brain cells and you're left devising games out of scooping bits of poop out of the litter box. *sigh*

Today I scrubbed the bookshelves...yep - now they're spraying BOOKS! The only one I had to pitch was a copy of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? which made me a little sad but at least it's just a little copy of a play and not say, my leather bound Complete Works of Shakespeare or something. I also have more cd's to clean...and the entertainment center. And...well, the list goes on.

I'm mostly saddened by the fact that the Boy is getting uber frustrated and considering - at least in the outermost regions of his mind - to send a certain Iko somewhere else to live (probably his mom's don't get too worried...). I don't want this to happen. I SO don't want this to happen. I know how much he loves and dotes on his cat and how heartbroken he would be if this happened. I can continue to clean things up and place books and cd's on higher shelves and keep the cats out of the bedroom so there won't be any spraying on the new mattress but to see the Boy sad and brokenhearted I just couldn't handle.

For now I will continue spraying phermones and using massive quantities of Mr. Clean and whispering to the cats secretly to chill out so we can keep our happy family together.

I can't imagine having children to deal with! But at least they don't pee on the walls....well, not on a regular basis at least....



Comments

carrster said…
I've heard that works pretty good - do you dilute it? I can't wait til we just pull up the carpet in the dining room & living room. That will solve many problems (and the carpet is very old and nasty). Good luck with the cat puke!
Anonymous said…
Hi Blogger, been searching the web, and came accross your site. Looking at latest info on cat urine. Cat Pee, maybe not the perfect match-but intresting read anyway.. off to look for cat urine...

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....