Flake

I'm feeling rather shitty today. Down in the dumps I guess. Not too fitting for someone who's blog is titled "naturally optimistic." I'm sure I'll get over it. But here's the thing - what is up with flakey friends?

I’m very upset today. I’m so disappointed in my girlfriend…yes, that’s right. I have one locally. Okay 2 but barely. Twice this week she flaked on me. One of those “I’ll call you – yeah let’s get together at 8 to watch Mean Girls” and then nothing – no phone call, no emails, etc. So I call her…no one’s home. I leave a message….I call again 2 hours later…still no one home. I’m stuck in between totally annoyance and being worried. What if something has happened? What if some emergency has come up and I’m sitting here getting pissy about blown off plans. Well, today when J was at work he talked to Friend's Hubby and they “had a fabulous time down at Luce last night.” Apparently she was meeting a friend down there and they all went and hung out….Hi, My Name is CHOPPED LIVER. I could just cry. I’m so sick of being the one that is completely just forgotten about! I’m considering not even bothering any more. I’m apparently such a bad friend – why should I even try. That’s why I have internet and a gagillion movie channels at home, right? So I never have to leave my house AGAIN.

Sorry – I just am really upset about this today – one thing sets me off and then I sit there and self analyze what the h*ll is wrong with me and why I have no (local) friends. Then I get really sad and want to bury my head in the sand, smoke cigarettes and finish that box of wine that I have in the fridge. *sigh*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....