Days Like Today

It's days like today that I want to eat up. I want to savor every moment and bask in the fleeting sunshine. I went for a walk this afternoon during my lunchour instead of my normal trip home. It was heavenly and I found myself questioning why I don't do this daily instead of rushing off to do dishes, pay bills, clean the litter box....why don't I stroll across the bridge, pretend I'm a tourist for an hour, gaze out at the lake, sit in the sunshine and breathe in the fresh clean northland air instead? Well, mostly because the weather is only decent one out of 100 days...but today was delicious.

I watched the sunlight tickle the ripples on the harbor, the seagulls circle overhead, the tourists asking for directions and deciding which boat cruise or tour to go on and it's Friday on top of it. What a lovely lunch hour.

On a side note - I'm off to the "R--- Family Golf Classic" this weekend- should be fun...it usually is. A scramble of all of the good, bad and ugly golfers in my family followed by an awards banquet and much beer consumption...I wish I knew how to load pics on my site! ah well...I'm off!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....