10 Days

I should’ve started a blog when I started producing this movie. Oh there would’ve been numerous horror stories about the blood, sweat and tears (all mine) that go into making an independent film. Mostly I’ve repressed the bad in an effort to protect my self from insanity. However, now I fear all that is left is craziness. Craziness of rushing towards a deadline when we know that we are not going to be able to complete a finished project. Craziness that comes from sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours during my day job and then another 4-5 hours while trying to finish the film (no wonder I have infiltrates in my eyes!!) Craziness that comes from being so close to completion that I can taste it…almost.

*sigh*

That being said this next week is going to be a bitch. I do not have time to wash dishes, clean my sinks, sweep the kitchen floor, do laundry, mow the yard, read, hang out with the Boy, watch tv, surf the ‘net (well, at work I do but I’m blocked from so many g.d. sites!!), make lovely dinners, hang out with friends, get ready for the garage sale or finish editing my cousin’s wedding. Ugh. I am on overload. And I really miss the Boy…(thankfully he lives with me now so at least I see him here and there….).

I just want it to end.

If I can muster the energy I’ll start posting various production horror stories…perhaps the “Carrster’s car gets totaled during day 4 of production” from the first film I made… or “Specially made ‘red-eye’ contacts disappear from Carrster’s house – new contacts ordered but are stuck in customs in Nashville!” or “Where the hell did the film go?” followed by personal anecdotes…”why do the cats have to spray in the house.” And “oh my god, the kitchen floor is so dirty I want to puke.”

I need a vacation. DESPERATELY.

And – the countdown to Sundance Deadline – 10 days.

*gulp*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....