2012 Books

    I have lofty goals for 2013. No, I don't. Not really. Basically since having kids my goal has been to survive. BUT....that being said, I did take the GoodReads 2013 challenge & signed up to read 50 books. Now, in my previous life, (post kids, pre-library) that never would've happened...BUT....since I do work at a library now, I feel I can extend my reading goals.  So we'll see how it goes!

    My retrospect for 2012 is as follows as I am removing it from the sidebar to make room for 2013 today! Yeah!


    1. A Clash of Kings (okay - I'm actually still reading this....)
    2. Unbroken
    3. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
    4. How Green Was My Valley
    5. The Memory Keeper's Daughter
    6. The Hunger Games
    7. In the Woods
    8. His Favorite Wife
    9. After Long Silence
    10. People of the Book
    11. Catching Fire
    12. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
    13. Mockingjay
    14. Fifty Shades of Grey
    15. Gone Girl
    16. Bloom
    17. We Bought a Zoo *
    18. Below Stairs
    19. Cutting For Stone
    20. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    21. Fifty Shades Darker
    22. Dark Places
    23. Sharp Objects
    24. The Joy of Less
    25. Alice's Tulips *
    26. Cloud Atlast
    27. Wilde
    28. The Perks of Being a Wildflower
    29. A Reliable Wife *

    * indicates audio books

    I'm still reading - A Clash of Kings (as previously mentioned) & Under the Banner of Heaven (which I barely had started last year...I'm also still listening to The Round House - with only a few chapters left. Considering I read over half of those since I started at the library in July, I'm confident that I can reach my 50 book goal.

    At least it's something to shoot for!

    What're you reading these days?



    Comments

    Raesha D said…
    GOOD for you!!! Can you send me a link to the GoodReads Challenge? I want to do that - I made a personal goal to read 52 books in 2012 - I finished #51 and actually started book #52 on New Years Eve:):):) I LOVED IT! I kept a little notebook of everything I read. I just started "Those Who Save Us" - a fictional book about WWII - SO SO SO good.

    Popular posts from this blog

    I should've done this a year ago....

    Penguin Shenanigans

    I figured it out....