Owlies

I have been meaning to make some "Owlies" (my self-named stuffed owl toys) (okay, so that's what I'm calling them in my head. I'm too lazy to do a google search to see if someone is already calling them out that out there).

Anyway - I LOVE owls  & since August's room's theme is "Owls" I always have my eye on them. Owl ornaments, owl pillows, owl lovies, you get the idea. There are oodles of owls all over Pinterest & Etsy which is fantastic.

But I wanted to make my own. So that maybe I could use up some upholstery fabric & some wool I felted & sell them. In my Etsy shop. Who knows, but why not, right? The supplies are staring me in the face & I'm not exactly gainfully employed at this point (except by a couple of tiny employers who only pay in hugs & kisses, which I gladly accept, but they do not pay the mortgage, sadly).

So, I drew a "pattern" (really, I chuckle when I say that) & cut it out & voila! My first Owlie was born. August shouts with glee 'OWL!' every time he sees it & I have to admit, he's pretty cute. He cost me...well, nothing to make. Not true. I used about 1/20th of a bag of poly fill (for $5.99) so there was that. All the other fabric, embroidery floss & buttons were in my stash. Either from years of being there (in which I negate their expense) or from samples given to me by Michelle's Mom. So there you go.

I hope to make a bunch of these in the coming weeks & get the in my Etsy shop. Let me know what you think!



Comments

Sarita said…
Very cool!
I love it! And I think it is so cute that August yells "owl!" when he sees it. I can just hear him. How cute:-)
Those are adorable! So cute! I love the name Owlie too! Thanks for stopping by Preschool Powol Packets -- I can't wait to get to know you better!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....