3 of 17

So I'm doing the 17-Day Diet. It's high protein, tons of vegetables & no carbs (bad carbs). Ugh. I have never done a diet before but I wanted to do something to jump start my body & get me eating healthier. It means I drink a cup of hot water with half a lemon squeezed into it first thing in the morning, I'm drinking 2-3 cups of green tea a day (which i dislike), TONS of water, exercise & SO many veggies. I haven't had a diet coke since THURSDAY which is a world record for me. I'm not going to lie. I miss it. I want to be sitting right now with a plate of crackers & a crisp cold diet coke. I'm hungry. It hasn't hit me yet that I'm "full." I hope it comes soon.

I've tried kefir - both the store kind & homemade kind that my friend made. I like it. It's almost a super food so that's cool. I made a smoothie this morning for breakfast with frozen strawberries, kefir & agave nectar. I'm not going to lie. I coveted my kids frozen waffles.

But I haven't cheated, not really. I think the kefir that I bought has some sugar added, but not much & I've only had a bit of it. I don't eat oils or dressings on my salad so I figure it cancels each other out (sort of).

So 17 days of this and then 17 days of more OPTIONS which is going to seem like a vacation! I cannot wait. If I can stand to eat so much eggs & chicken breasts in the first 17 days, the 2nd cycle will seem like a dream!

This first cycle is to accelerate your weight loss. My ultimate goal is 20lbs. That seems like a lot, maybe, for me, but maybe not. That would put me at a REALLY acceptable BMI for my height unlike the borderline unacceptable number it's at now.

I took a walk/hike alone today. ALONE! Hallelujah! Oh the freedom to just walk & take photos & do it at my own pace with no one (other than myself) needing to pee or to be carried or fed a snack (again other than me - ha!). It was nice.

So, wish we luck. Hopefully I'll be living trimmer & healthier & I'll get used to it & feel awesome & then tout it to everyone I know! :)

We'll see...

Comments

Sarita said…
Keep it up, it always feels good to master something that has been a struggle. (says the lady who has yet to master anything food-wise)

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....