Summer Solstice!


Today is the Solstice...I believe at 5:16pm or something. Exactly.

But it's not very summery.

With highs only in the 40's & 50's (WHAT?) & rain & wind, it's pretty hard to be in the spirit of the season. On our longest day of the year when it *should* be light until 11pm (well, light-ish), we won't be able to enjoy it because it'll be cloudy & dark. Hmph.

AND we had a babysitter lined up for tonight - had her in place for probably over a month...but I sort of dropped the ball & didn't talk to her until last night & now she's not available. Argh.

Well, we're going to make the best of it. Steve & I are going out anyway! Carolyn's going to come down to watch the kids, we're going to have happy hour & then possibly go to a movie. I'd love to be hiking out West on the SHT, but it's just not going to happen this year. Ah well, next year?

Luckily we took a little family hike to the creek after supper last night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....