Date Night!


Last Saturday, Steve & I went on a date. It's been a while (not counting our jaunt up the North Shore, of course).

Our babysitter, Iris, came over around 4:30- we had about 1/2 hour for the 'transition' & to finish getting ready...which I think was about right. The kids get along with her really well so it was no problem.

First we went out for dinner to Thai Krathong. We've had a gift certificate to there from my birthday in August so that helped the budget. Neither of us was TOTALLY in the mood for Thai & our service was kind of crappy, but it was still nice to eat an uninterrupted meal.

After that we headed to see a production of HAMLET. I had many many friends in this show & it was closing weekend. I'm glad I was able to make it. I had comps from Jason so that made it fit in our budget as well! It was pretty good although LOOOOOONG & a bit boring in spots. Overall I think it was done pretty well. My friends did a good job!

One of the coolest things about it was that it was held at the Masonic Auditorium. I'd never been in there before & it is pretty darn cool! We sat in the balcony & it was filled with these Egyptian paintings. Makes me wonder more & more about the secret society. The ceiling was very high & criss-crossed with oak beams. So beautiful. It was a little short on leg room up there (and I'm short!) but it was still pretty cool.

After the play we headed to Sir Ben's for a couple of beers. We met up with Steve's brother & spent some time just hanging out. It was so fun to BE OUT!! It wasn't a fancy night but I felt so good to socialize & be outside of our house. Most of the time I am so very content to be a homebody...but this was just right!

Paying for a babysitter for 7+ hours though - ay yi yi.....

Comments

Kate said…
You look so beautiful, Carrie. So, so beautiful.
donna said…
You look gorgeous! I love that new cut on you!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....