Two Steps forward, Two Steps Back...

So the sleeping thing (with August) went great for 3 nights in a row. Sleeping in chunks of 6+ hours (one time - all night!), sleeping in his own crib & settling himself down if he woke up. I was ecstatic. After 7+ months of not sleeping more than a couple hours at a time, this was awesome.

But now the past two nights he's awakened within a couple hours (around 10;30 - just as I'm falling asleep) & it's harder to get him to go back to bed. Then he's up again around 2 or 2:30 - again hard to get him to go to sleep (in his crib) & then I usually end up sleeping with him. Which, when it's so chilly out, has additional benefits. He's a little heater! BUT - I would prefer to go back to the 3 GOOD nights of sleep.

*sigh*

I know this is a process, I know that we're heading in the right direction & I know it takes time. At least I also know that he is CAPABLE of sleeping all night.

Comments

feisty said…
that sucks! a taste of the good life, and then BLAMMO, back to the usual antics. you are right that at least you know that he knows how to sleep. alone, for more than 2 hours at a time. hope for big leaps forward soon again. very soon. hang in there!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....