August - 3 Months Old!

True to form - 2nd child is getting things posted a lot more slowly than first child did. Ah well...

August turned 3 months old last Tuesday! As of a week before that he weighed in at 11lbs 3oz & is growing at his normal 25th percentile-ish rate. He suffers from really bad, painful reflux & that has been difficult & trying on all of us. He is now on a higher dosage of Zantac & that along with more "cluster-feedings" at night have kept the hours-on-end screaming sessions at bay - hopefuly it'll continue to get better.
He will only really sleep well if he's on his tummy - which of course is a major no-no these days. I admit, I let him sleep sometimes on his tummy just so we can get some rest. He's about a minute away from rolling over (both ways) so i feel pretty confident that he won't leave his head face down in the crib...but I still do worry about SIDS...The past few nights (last night withstanding) he did 5 hour blocks of sleeping - from 8:30 til 1:30am which was great. After that he doesn't sleep as good & I usually end up sleeping with him so that we can both get some rest. After 4am all bets are off. He's usually wide eyed (well, he's always wide-eyed!) & smiling at that godforsaken hour. Hopefully he'll start sleeping longer soon!
His smile is awesome. He crinkles up his nose & has a twinkle in his eye! I've seen it! I think once we get this reflux thing under control he's going to be a very happy, mellow & PATIENT baby.

Comments

Sarita said…
Wow, that reflux must super suck. I'm so sorry for August and you guys. I see those baby breathing monitors cheap at garage sales pretty frequently. Want me to snatch one for you if I see it? Ours made me feel a lot better with Relia.
Sarita said…
Oh and that smile is darn cute!
Kate said…
He sooooo! looks like Steve!
Unknown said…
I agree with Sarita that the reflux must suck for such a little guy. I hope it gets better soon for all your sakes. No one want to see a little on suffer for anything. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Meigan said…
Oh Car, so bummed to hear that. But at the same time I'm grinning like crazy at that picture with a huge SMILE!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....