Monday, September 21, 2009


Well, at least this weekend was a *little* productive. We should've been more so but ah well.

Friday? I don't remember Friday. I think that's because I went to bed at about 9pm. I'm exciting like that. I then laid there for 40 minutes watching a stupid episode of 20/20 which I wasn't interested I said. I'm exciting like that.

Saturday we got up and hiked up to the Chester Bowl Fall Festival. It was really nice. Beautiful day. No one on the trail on the way up there but we could hear people had parked FAR away! ha! We didn't have to cross one street to get there from our house - we went straight into the woods from our house and ended up in a festival. We had fair food (corn dog), listened to some live music, bought a few gifts and had a great time. But it got HOT! Back down the trail we went.

At home we put Dahlia down for a nap, ate lunch and planned our day. Our goal was to get the radiators (upstairs) primed so we can get them painted, the walls behind them repaired and get heat going when we need it (any day now, right? gah!). Steve got one primed - one that he & a friend moved outside the night before. I worked on painting quarter-round for Dalhia's room. I also finished scraping wallpaper behind Dahlia's radiator. My most fun thing to do ever. Argh! My IL's came and picked up Dahlia after her nap and she went back to Chester Bowl for some more fair fun. Came home with a very cute new sweater & a ducky. Spoiled girl!

That evening we to Roger & Theresa's for Theresa's 30(+1) birthday party! It was fun to socialize and watch Dahlia run around after she warmed up a bit! We didn't stay too long - Dahlia was getting tired and I was worried that if we stayed until the fireworks were lit that she would get very upset. She went to bed NO PROBLEM that night. She was pooped!

Yesterday I had a camera test at 7:30 - the shore of Lake Superior. It was absolutely placid and gorgeous. Our test went off really well and leaves me feeling more confident for Friday's shoot. When I got home we had eggs benedict for brunch and DAhlia took a nice nap.

While the game was on, I worked on scraping the wallpaper behind our radiator (this room's wallpaper is THE WORST! it comes off in teeny tiny pieces...very time consuming). Dahlia woke up at about 1:30 and I brought her in our room and laid with her on the bed. Low & behold! She fell back asleep! I snuggled & cuddled her while watching the football game (may have snoozed a little myself). It was great! I have longed for such a Sunday afternoon!!

The rest of the day was spent putzing around the house. Nothing too exciting. Dahlia was very good for us yesterday - minimal whining which was a treat...Steve got quite a bit done outside and for once we actually felt productive on a weekend. We still have a ridiculously large to-do list - and 3 more radiators to prime (and them all to paint!) and the clock is ticking. I'm hoping that we can get things done before mid-October when we'll be getting quite chilly!!


Kate said...

I've decided that owning a home is too much of a pain in the neck. So glad you and Steve enjoy working on it!

carrster said...

um, who said we 'liked' it? I spent the weekend cursing the fact that we didn't buy a brand-spanking-new house!