Thursday, June 18, 2009

Austin Tornado

Austin was hit by a tornado last night. The north side of town - Mapleview, Todd Park, Nature Center areas.





Sounds like most of the damage was at Todd Park, UBC, Morem Tree Service & the Nature Center. Haven't gotten *too* many details but it sounds like it could've been much much worse. My folks were without phone & electricity til about 5am this morning. I know some power was still out (where my Grandma lives, for example) as of this morning. Hopefully everything's okay.

My gosh they get the severe weather down there - tornadoes, floods, ice storms, blizzards...it's starting to make Duluth seem REALLY boring! Sheesh. We can't even get an inch of rain!

3 comments:

feisty said...

holy moly! glad your folks are alright...sheesh!

donna said...

So glad your family is safe.

Meigan said...

I hope nothing happened to the robot slide! Don't you think it could survive pretty much anything, though?