Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dilemma

Here's the latest quandry...

GOD ROCKED is in Festival A in Hollywood next month. It is kind of small, lame festival - okay, there I said it. I'm happy to have a *free* screening in Hollywood but other than that I'm LESS than impressed with how this festival is being run (another story), where it's held, etc.

Festival B just contacted me last night saying that they're VERY interested in showing GOD ROCKED. They are also in LA. They are a well established festival (medium sized?), playing in a MUCH better location, potential for the "right" people to see it higher...but they want LA PREMIERES which excludes us from Festival A.

I don't know if I should withdraw from Festival A on the hopes of getting in Festival B (in June) or what.

Any advice?

6 comments:

donna said...

Ooh, tough one. How long before you get final word on Festival B? Will there be time to wait and see?

carrster said...

Festival B wants to know (ASAP) about any other screenings since we submitted the film. The date they announce their line-up is the same time of Festival A.

ARGH.

Tami said...

The question is whether the "right" people will see it at Festival A? So ask yourself if you think it's worth the risk of not getting shown in LA if it doesn't end up being accepted at Festival B. I'd say go for it, but ultimately you have to decide. BTW congratulations on having this particular problem ... it's a good one to have, no? ;-)

feisty said...

I would go with the B- sounds more legit and you would get more exposure. Even if it isn't a For Sure, sounds like a better run thing...and a more approprite audience.

Either way- Hooray, a premiere in L.A.!

-Peder said...

I'd go with B too. I think you should make a hard hearted business decision and go with the greater exposure.

carrster said...

We have no guarantee on Festival B....but it seems as though it's the right gamble to make. I'll keep ya posted.