2009 - A Resolution

So this is the post where I list all the ridiculous resolutions I have. Categorized into personal, family, health, travel, marriage, career, blah blah blah. Well, I'm not doing that this year.

Of course I could wax poetic about wanting to drink more water and hike more; about being a better wife, mother, friend, daughter, listener, filmmaker, blah blah blah.

I could talk about how I want to improve my skills in one area or another or read X amount of books and have adventures in places I've never been to.

I could write how I want to be happy with what I have, save more money, declutter more, live more simply, cook more, bake more, make more gifts, etc.

I want to keep in touch with friends better, send gifts & cards on time, not be late to everything, be happy with myself more frequently than not and say my prayers every night.

And you know what? I want to do all of those things and so many more. Of course I want to do them but this year I'm calling that "life" and not "resolutions."

So - my BIG resolution for 2009........

Learn how to knit socks.

That's it.

If anyone has any good sock-knitting resources, I would greatly appreciate you sending them my way. I have just taught myself how to knit on double pointed needles and I'm excited (and awaiting frustration) the next step.

Anyone else have any good resolutions?

Comments

michelle said…
i just got done reading a book about a knitting store and the main character was teaching a sock knitting class. she said that you can knit them on the round now if that might be easier.

i go back and forth on wanting to. if i did i'd be scared to let anyone wear them and instead frame them and hang em on the wall :)
Kate said…
You're just jealous of mine. I know it.

I'll get the pattern from my mom. They never fail!!!!!
carrster said…
Michelle - I looked into that and it's a possibility...but I don't have small enough circs (you can actually knit two at a time on circs) and I'm trying to not make any investment (right now) on this learning project...so I'll try with the dpn's and see what happens.

Kate - you are SO RIGHT. I am incredibly jealous of your beautiful socks and that is in fact one reason that I decided this was the year! I want Happy Feet Fridays!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....