Router Mayhem

I haven't been using my laptop very much because the router got screwed up and wouldn't let us on (the desktop) any more (about a year ago) and that caused much frustration with me & my husband and so finally I just gave up and yanked it and said forget it.

Then I had Dahlia and thought - wow...wouldn't it be nice to be able to be sitting WHEREVER she is and be able to use the computer? But I was to lazy/annoyed/dumb to figure out how to set-up the router...again. Besides when I set the one up for work it took days and extra tech support people and calls to the Philippines so I was not anxious to do it again.

Then I decided it'd be much easier to jump on my neighbors network (Hi Anna!) and that worked pretty great - except when they dumped me off. Ha, just kidding. I think sometimes their router & my computer don't play nice and that's annoying.

So with about 2 weeks left in this house, I decided to take the bull by the horns and set up my own network. Again.

Hey - it wasn't too bad. It only took me an hour or so and no calls to foreign countries. I might actually have to do this in a timely manner now after we move because blogging from the kitchen on my mac is much preferable to blogging in the den on the PC. And you know, it's all about me.

So, I'm feeling quite proud of myself. Yay!

Comments

Kate said…
I know NOTHING about this sort of thing and have had to play damsel in distress many a time to get such things accomplished. So glad my Gay Boyfriend knows his way around a router. hahaha!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....