The Peanut Weighs In

It was one year ago today that I found out that Dahlia would come to be. A WHOLE YEAR AGO. That is freaky. Time moves in a freakishly fast way. *sigh*

She had her 4 month appointment yesterday - even though she is 4 months 3 weeks, but ah well. We have to stay on this schedule for the vaccinations.

Weighing in at: 11lbs 10oz! That's the 4th percentile. Although her cheeks & thighs are getting splendidly plump. :)

Height: 24 1/8 inches! She's grown nearly 5 inches - that is hard to believe.

Head circumference: 16 5/8 inches!!!! 70th percentile! I'm chalking it up to a very large brain. So yeah, my kid has a big head. No wonder I have trouble getting onesies over her head which otherwise fit her just fine.

She had her shots which sucked...for both of us. Ugh. I hate that. Not only does it suck to see her get stuck, to see her scream but I also worry about the side effects. She woke up at 4:40 this morning with a fever of 100.5 which isn't too bad but she's never had a fever before so I was sort of freaked out. I gave her some tylenol and by time we finished the feeding I think her fever was down. She has slept since around 5:30 til now (still sleeping! and it's 8:50!)so I think she's a bit *off*. Hopefully she'll feel okay today.

Comments

Kate said…
Wow. A year you've been thinking and dreaming about her. Before she got here and since then. It's amazing how time flies. And she's almost five months old. What a gift!
Anonymous said…
I hope she's feeling better... It's tough to see your kid go through sickness, but its equally wonderful to see them giggling and laughing a day or two later. Makes you think their bodies are built to go through it.

Bryan

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....