Happy Mother's Day!

My first Mother's Day. CRAZY. One year ago on Mother's Day we told our families that Dahlia was going to be. I can't believe it was a year ago.



The day started off with Dahlia sleeping until 6:22 - which she hasn't done in a while. She's been on a streak where she's been waking at 2:30 or so - just for kicks. She usually goes back to sleep easily but it's still annoying to get up. So sleeping until 6:22 was great. After her bottle I brought her back into bed for snuggling. By 8 or so she was ready to get up and Steve got up with her and I slept - in the bed - alone - for about 40 minutes. IT WAS GREAT!

We had a nice brunch cooked by Steve and had generally lazy morning. Later in the afternoon we took Dahlia for a stroll and then to my MIL's for dinner. It was all in all a very nice day. Steve gave me a SWEET bottle of tequila (ah, he knows me so well....okay, there IS a story behind that...) and two roses - one from him, one from Dahlia. On the card Dahlia "drew" a picture (her first artwork!) and they both signed it - very sweet.

Dahlia is a TALKER. She "talks" all the time now. Constantly sometimes. LOUDLY most of the time. It's fascinating to hear her, see her learn and change and grow. Amazing. OH! I can't believe I didn't blog this last week....

DAHLIA rolled over for the first time! On Wednesday, I think. Tummy to back. At work. I had to run next door to the Foundation office to share the news! Yesterday she rolled over twice more. It's so cool.

Anyway - here is a little video of some of her "words."

Comments

Kate said…
Happy Mother's Day! I liked the raspberry at the end of Dahlia's speech! I'm sure it was just for you for MOther's Day!
Anonymous said…
Happy Mother's Day a wee bit late. Sounds like it was a good one.

I too loved the raspberry. Such a ham.
African Kelli said…
Oooh Carrie!I hope you had a great mother's day! I cannot believe how big she is getting already and how much she looks like you!
Meigan said…
Looks like you had a great Mother's day - I'm so glad!

OK, your kid totally made me laugh out loud just now watching that video. What a hoot!
Test said…
I laughed out loud too. I can't believe how big she is getting. What an adorable peanut!!
Samantha Keown said…
Sooo cute! I love her raspberry too. So seriously how often do you bite her?

The pictures with the triplets are just sooo cute!

PS I need a better comment than cute!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....