Weekend

This weekend we were unexpectedly busy.

Friday night we did happy hour with Jason & Erin to celebrate the release of our trailer for GOD ROCKS. After a couple beers neither of us felt like cooking so we stopped at the Hacienda del Sol for some dinner. When we got home the babe treated us to an early-ish bedtime and we watched INTO THE WILD which I freaking LOVED. I can't believe Steve & Ihttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif both stayed awake through a long movie started near 9pm on a Friday night. We must've liked it.

Saturday we putzed...then our neighbor Donna (the eyeball on the neighborhood) stopped by with a card to see Dahlia. Then my friend Laura (who worked on Newton's & God Rocks) stopped by with some lovely "Jenny's Cat Club" books for Miss Dahlia - so sweet! THEN & Chris stopped by....and wouldn't you know it? They had the fantastic soundtrack for INTO THE WILD in their car - whohoo!

After chatting for a bit we all went for a hike at Park Point.


Dahlia's first hike! She was in the Baby Bjorn and seemed to like it. She was snuggled in. It was chilly but she stayed pretty warm (except her legs - doh!). I think I had it on wrong though because my back was KILLING me. I carried her 1/2 way and Steve did the other half. It was fun to get out with her & with Chris & Michelle. :)

That night we had dinner with Steve's Dad & Trudy at a bar/grill in Soup Town - it is a smoking place and I didn't really want to take Dahlia there but I lost that battle. We were in the non-smoking section but you could still smell it. Ugh. The food wasn't that great. Oh well.

Sunday - Dahlia was a PILL. Ugh. Steve thinks maybe the nicotine in the air (can nicotine get in the air?) upset her. Well, whatever it was it sucked! She was SOOOOO crabby & fussy it was not fun. She did take her first "real" nap in her crib for an hour in the afternoon which was great. I made cookies. But the rest of the day was TOUGH.

Things are better today - I don't want to jinx it but...let's hope she's back to her more normal self now!

Comments

Kate said…
I vote for the second hand nicotine. It's BAD!
juliemac_29 said…
Hey, my hiking friends (aka friends who hike, not people I hike with! LOL) swear by both the Ergo carrier and the Kilty carrier to preserve their backs as the kids get older. I can get more deets if you'd like!
Sarita said…
She looks so tiny and snuggly.

I have had nothing but soreness from the two carriers we have. I have heard the same from others. Why on earth did I get them? The wrap is sooo darn comfy that they have been long abandoned. May not be great for hiking though.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....