Springtime in Duluth!





So the storm came. It's WINDY and snowy but not as snowy as I thought it would be. Most things are closed today - schools, clinic, banks, some businesses, etc. The plow has come by the front of the house (twice) but not the alley or the avenue so it's a bit tricky to maneuver anyway. We're pretty much staying put today. In fact Dahlia's going to have a Pajama Day and I'm not going to bother dressing her at all!

The snow is wet & heavy but it's warm out so things are melting pretty quickly. We're supposed to continue to get snow and have strong winds through tomorrow morning and then it should really warm up and melt!

Jason has no electricity at his apt and is bored out of his skull. Steve's dad also doesn't have power (or heat) so they're a bit miserable. We're snug as bugs in a rug though so I can't complain.

Comments

juliemac_29 said…
I've had an awesome snow day myself! No Holland, Mark was at work - just me and the dog sleeping in until 10:30am, having frozen pizza for lunch, dinking around online and playing a little Guitar Hero. It's been AWESOME.

Except for all the damn snow!
feisty said…
we didn't have power from 3am this morning, but its finally back! yeah, MN-Power crews!

we heated water on a campstove to make soup for lunch. felt so primative....

enjoy the weekend!
Anonymous said…
Well looks like you got your blizzard after all. Enjoy staying put and cozying up. Just looking at your pictures makes me want to make chili and cornbread. mmmmm..... chili and cornbread...
Kate said…
I was reading someone elses' blog that said they went out to look at the lake and it was jam packed. It made me laugh. That's SO totally something I would do! I drove to the coast in NC during a hurricane because I wanted to see what it looked like. Boring. Sheets of rain. Tornados are much more exciting. We didn't get as much snow as they said, but the wind is wicked and more snow tonight. 60s by Thursday.
michelle said…
glad to hear you're snug! (and i hope your fil's heat turns on soon!) my mom's work was cancelled which amazed me - they never close that darned store! (and people actually drive through insane weather just to browse!)

we weren't hit too hard here - just a muckload of slush.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....