A Confession

Alright, I admit it. I am truly, maddly and deeply in love with my daughter. She is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life, her smiles are golden, her expressions are priceless and watching her learn things blows my mind.

You know in the cartoon version of The Grinch, when his heart grows two sizes and it pops out of the heart-x-ray-machine thingy that they're looking at it with? Well, that's how my heart feels every day.

Someday it might just burst right out of my chest.

Comments

Kate said…
I think now we know how our parents felt about us. There just is no comparison to that kind of love. Blessed.
michelle said…
aww! that was so sweet! and it did nothing to help supress this obsessive baby kick i'm on!

i'm off to target to look at baby things (for kelly - not me - i swear!)

miss you guys! :)
Nanette said…
Such a sweet post!
Cellomama said…
I was right around four months when that registered for me, too. Sadly, that was right when I had to take her to daycare - partially why that just didn't work for me at all!!

It's amazing how much bigger your heart can grow.... :-)
Anonymous said…
Isn't it amazing? And who can blame you with that gorgeous girl?

And it continues to happen, I've found. Sometimes I am just overcome and have to hug her for a very long time, even though she's a toddler now and doesn't like that very much.
feisty said…
the start of a beautiful love affair....

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....