Smiles, Sleep & Shots

I haven't been posting details of Dahlia's goings on because I'm pretty sure I will jinx it but oh well, here goes....

Dahlia has been doing great. Aside from her cold from a couple weeks ago she's been just wonderful, really. She has stopped screaming her head off when I change her diaper (although still screams when I put a onesie over her head and when I take her out of the bath), she has been SLEEPING from between 10-11 til around 4am every night! For a week! One day she even slept til 5am! I thought I had died and gone to heaven. She's been going back to sleep for a couple hours after that feeding too so thankfully I am feeling much more even-keeled with a decent amount of sleep. Hallelujah! I can see the light!

She also has, I'm pretty sure, started smiling. Steve & I can get her to give us the cutest looks...they're not super plentiful (yet) but we are happy to get what we can. She's SO much more interactive! She actually LOOKS at us and follows us around the room which makes up for soooo much in my life right now (ah simple pleasures, eh?) She has started making more gurgling & cooing noises which are awesome and can be content for longer now without her pacifier (although sometimes it IS a godsend).

So yeah, things are going about a million times better than they were say...6 weeks ago. I finally feel like I'm returning to the land of the living.

She has her 2 month appointment today - (she's 11 1/2 weeks but oh well). She has 6 SHOTS to get today. I am nervous. I can't stand the thought of this. We have done research and gone back and forth about getting her vaccinated at all - the thought of a "serious side effect" happening to her makes me actually a little bit sick to my stomach but I know her getting sick from one of these awful illnesses wouldn't be good either and could lead to very serious conditions. Ugh. I'm going to be an absolute paranoid freak tonight - monitoring her temperature, making sure she's not wheezing or having breathing problems, checking for hives & rashes...Ugh. I'm dreading it already. And of course I'm not thrilled that I get to be in the room while she's getting poked and I'm sure I'll probably cry (or have a panic attack or something) but we'll get through it some how, right?

In work news - we watched a rough cut of the first hour of GOD ROCKS yesterday - I am SO PLEASED!! I can't wait til this thing is done and I can share it with you all.

Comments

KeLL said…
Dahlia may have a fever tonight as a reaction to the shots, but she'll pull through it. The benefits of the shots should outway the side effects.
It'll be a hard day, but you and Dahlia will get through it...together.
Kate said…
OOOhhhh shots! I feel for you and Dahlia! I'm so glad you're getting more sleep. That seems to make all the difference in the world!
African Kelli said…
Aw, you are doing a great job! And I can't wait to see more photos of the sweet girl.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....