The Lakewalk

I took Dahlia on the Lakewalk for the first time yesterday. It was such a beautiful day and we had been in the office all day and decided it was a good time to get out.

I work very close to the Lakewalk and enjoy walking there. With the stroller it's not problem. Everything is accessible which is very nice. Of course it would've been nice if they had SHOVELED the ramp leading from the "Park Place" Park (is that what it's called? Lake Place? I can't remember) to the actual lakewalk...the STAIRS were cleared. IT seems to me it would make more sense to clear the path that EVERYONE can use....Of course the top of the ramp (it zig zags back & forth) was clear but about 1/2 way down....it was LOADED with snow. I half dragged, half carried the stroller through - only to encounter more snow later. I was stuck. Half way up half way down. Ugh. It was like taking the baby off road. It sucked. And I am sure I looked like a jack ass along the way.

Ah well, Dahlia slept through the whole thing. Me lugging her down the snow-covered ramp, us strolling alongside the beautiful blue lake, all the people out walking their dogs - everything. Oh well. At least she breathed some fresh air!

**HAPPY SPRING!!** (and my 1100th post!)

Comments

Kate said…
The shoveling around here leaves a lot to be desired, that's for sure. And good for you for getting her out! Fresh air is like a magic elixir or something. I'm home sick today. I feel better than I have, but sound worse. That's exactly what someone wants to hear when they call a doctor's office - disease!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....