2007 Goals REVISITED

I am a little belated in doing this....and a little light on subject matter this week so... Here we go - let's see how I did in '07:


Health/Body
1. Ski/Hike a couple times a week, or at least go for a walk outside. [Mostly...]
2. Sit ups/arm weights [Not so much - I blame the pregnancy]
3. Stop eating so much. [Yeah, I did better on this one, blame the GD!]
4. More water!! [Yup!!]
5. More salads, less chips. [Still working on this one]
6. Ride my new bike more. [I did good on this one til my center of gravity shifted!]

Travel/Adventure
1. Lots of camping! [Some - more this summer!]
2. Visit a trail you’ve never been on before at least once every other month. [I did pretty good on this one including hiking in the mountains of Sweden!]
3. Keep writing in hiking journal/add digital pictures [No, didn't do this...]
4. Go to Sweden [Check!]

Arts/Crafts
1. Knit lots of baby blankets [Accomplished...5 baby blankets last year. Whew!]
2. Make more gifts instead of buying.[I'm getting better at this.]
3. Finish a project in a timely fashion once you’ve started. [Eh...*shakes head*]
4. Make lots and lots of greeting cards [Check!]

Money
1. Save More [Getting better at this...]
2. Stick to budget. [Budget? What Budget?]
3. Keep putting money into savings every week. [I'm about 85% on this one]

Social/Activities
1. Be more timely about sending out birthday, anniversary, etc cards to friends far & near. [This goal is perpetual!]
2. Go to more plays. [No....sad]
3. Join a couple “groups” (ie: knitting group, crafting, etc) [I go to Stitch & Bitch!]
4. See more movies in the theatre. [Steve & I saw ONE last year, I saw 2 others with Miss M and one with Michelle - LAME!]
5. Go to the MN Science Museum in St. Paul [Nope]

Household
1. Clean out front closet/organize/build shelves [Nope]
2. Organize basement. Put up plastic shelves, get rid of things you DON’T
WANT/NEED, take GIANT load to Good Will. [Currently working on this with the hubby]
3. File the “to-be-filed” section of filing cabinet. Shred unwanted documents. [Yes and no - it's never ending...isn't it]
4. Get all tax information compiled and ready to go. [Yes, of course...now time to do it again!]
5. Clean bedroom closet, craft closet, organize craft supplies/craft room [The craft room is now the baby room so...yes]
6. Plant wildflowers & trees and a vegetable garden [Yes!]

Personal
1. Read 25 books. [Just barely - but yes!]
2. Take time to reflect, meditate, focus and dream. [Sometimes...always could do this more]
3. Play the piano, learn how to play guitar. [Not really, and no]
4. Be outside more, especially with Steve. [I think so!]
5. Be more thoughtful. [Maybe...?]

Coupledom
1. Hold hands as much as possible. [Hmmm....]
2. Keep spending more time together and doing different fun things. [We're pretty good at this...]
3. Be healthier to ensure a long & fulfilled life. [Steve's much better at being healthy than I am! But I'm trying!]
4. Have a baby (maybe?) [CHECK!]

I could list a long list of goals for 2008 but instead I will end this long post with a short list:

*Be more grateful for the things I have
*Love my family (that includes my friends)
*Be kind
*Be Thoughtful
*Be Patient
*And read at least 25 books (ha!)

Comments

Kate said…
Don't you love how your priorities change when your family expands? It's all about the intangibles anymore.
feisty said…
holy crap, you met a lot of your goals! congrats on that.

can i just say...its nice to read about a normal person, around my age, having normal reactions and normal responses to parenting for the first time :) its encouraging, because some women's reaction to pregnancy/motherhood terrify me....

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....