Weekend Update...a few days late

The weekend was good! Saturday Laurie, Pete & their daughter Kate came up from the cities to visit us and meet Miss Dahlia! It was so much fun to see them. And they brought pizza! Whohoo! They also brought lovely gifts for us - INCLUDING - the fact that Laurie learned how to KNIT to make Dahlia a blanket! I was so touched by this I cannot even tell you. The blanket is beautiful and I'm sure Dahlia will spend many cuddly hours with it (or I will, heh). They even brought us ingredients to make chili, corn bread mixes, desserts and a big ol' lasagna & breadsticks to get us through some more meals. Very thoughtful and VERY appreciated!!

Kate is so cute. She is 2 years and 2 months old and is so much fun. She LOVED Beavis. Couldn't get enough of him and he was mostly okay with that. I loved seeing her talk and to see her interact with both Laurie & Pete. All the playing & silliness - I can't wait for that stage and it really lifted me up.

Dahlia of course enjoyed being cuddled & held and kept her spitting up to a minimum while we had guests (thankfully).

After they left Steve & I putzed around the house - trying to decide if we should go to a movie (couldn't find a sitter anyway) or if we should just lay around as he had a bad cold and I felt like I was getting one. In the end we watched CARS, ate chicken noodle soup and called it a night. Dahlia didn't want to go to bed but once she did (by 11 I think) she slept until almost 4 which was great!

Sunday more putzing and last minute cleaning of things around the house. I ran some errands and made mint-brownies for our "Oscar Party" that we had that night.

My parents arrived around 4 or so and with them they brought oodles of hugs & kisses for Dahlia & more supplies, food, etc for us! My Mom & I thought it would be fun to have an "Oscar Party" so we made hors d'oeuvres and broke out the wine. I even had special "Hollywood" plates. We had sausage puffs, meats & cheeses, crackers, veggies & dip, chips & salsa and the aforementioned mint-brownies. Yum. I could eat junk, I mean dinners like that every night! We watched the Barbara Walters Special, voted on our Oscar ballots and enjoyed the show. We were all fading at the end - Steve went to bed first, followed shortly by my Dad and my Mom and I stayed until it was over and then hurriedly hit the hay.

My parents are awesome. They took the night shifts both nights they were here! Granted she slept until at least 4 each night but man was it nice to be able to sleep. Especially since I'm not feeling that great.

Monday I hung out with my folks in the morning and then headed to the dreaded dentist to get my cavity filled. Ugh. It wasn't that bad but it was awful at the same time. Yuck. I hate it. But I did okay. After that I went into work for a few hours - Dahlia-free! (I tend to get more done when I get a few hours there without her). After work my Mom & I ran some errands and then had dinner at home with my Dad & Steve.

Yesterday was much the same - hanging out, lounging about - LOVING the fact that Dahlia was completely showered with love & attention at every turn. My Mom & I went shopping in the morning. She is a bad influence on me. Or rather...I hate shopping and she can see that I'm in OBVIOUS NEED of certain items and gets me to go and buy them. I bought a Columbia rain coat/shell (desperately needed - for years!), an Easter dress for Dahlia & some tights, a baby gift, a new swimsuit for our CA trip and I think that was it. After shopping we had lunch (at home) and then they packed up and after putting together Dahlia's new bouncy seat they headed for home. It was so awesome to have them here and I miss them already. I wish they lived closer!!!!

Then I napped in the afternoon cause I felt like crap. I had a meeting last night at my office at 8pm so went in around 6 to get a few things accomplished.

It's a slow start for us this morning but we're getting going. Hopefully this cold will be leaving soon. I'm sick of it. Blech.

And now I guess, we're all caught up.

Comments

Kate said…
Yeah for fun visits and being showered with love and food.

You're so funny about shopping! My sister is the SAME WAY. I usually end up parking her in a fitting room and bringing her stuff. We usually find several outfits before I let her out! (Even more fun to do it in NYC, you know!)

So very much wish that I could come up to see the babe (and you and to meet Steve, of course). I might have to look on the schedule and see - now that the snow is less imminent most of the time. It's very sunny here today - thank the good Lord.

Have a great week! Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....