Update

Dahlia seems to be doing just fine today. I'm the only one stressing out I guess. I have been using "the booger sucker-outer thing" (okay bulb syringe) and BOY she loves that! Her nostril is just barely big enough to fit it! I also took her temp for the first time today. I thought it would be more traumatic than it was. She didn't seem to notice or care when I stuck it in her bum (ever so gently!). No fever. Just a paranoid Mama. I picked up some saline drops at the pharmacy but am scared to use them! I'm such wimp. I'll wait til Steve gets home! Hopefully we'll both get more sleep tonight. I could surely use it.

I forgot to mention that yesterday I went to the dentist. UGH. I am an 'anti-dentite' but go religiously every 6 months because the thought of something going WRONG in my mouth freaks me out more than the general discomfort & dislike I have for the dentist office. Michelle's Mom (hi Virginia!) was kind enough to come over and watch Dahlia so I could get my teeth polished & x-rayed in peace. It was so nice to have that little outing - even though it was to the dentist. Thank you very much, Virginia! It was much appreciated. I even stopped for lunch at Arby's (my traditional after-dentist-treat) afterwards and spent a good 20 minutes or so READING my book. It was heavenly. I would've sat there longer but they had PEPSI products. Hmph. Unfortunately this all has a sad ending. I have a tiny cavity that needs to be filled. CRAP. First one in YEARS. Hmph. MY parents will be here on Monday when I go in for the next round of torture.

Comments

Test said…
I use the saline drops on Claire more than I should, prolly. It's the only thing that helps keep things moving for her. She'll likely make a weird face at you but as far as I can tell Ms. Claire is no worse off from it's use.
Test said…
sorry meant to include the vote for the Baby Vicks on her feet too. We did that with Claire and while she is still a bit stuffy she doesn't seem to be having as much of a problem as she did earlier this year.
Meigan said…
You are so brave, doing the butt thermometer! I always stuck to the armpit. Then we used our leftover flex spending $$ and got a couple of those forehead readers - probably the best invention ever. It takes 3 seconds to get their temp. Very handy at 2 a.m.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....