Back to Reality


The past couple of days have been great. Having my Dad here was just awesome. He's so good with Dahlia and it's so nice to have an extra set of hands around the house so we can just do general putzing...like making more formula & washing bottles. He also took the 4am feeding each morning which was INCREDIBLE. AND the 7:30 or 8:30 feeding so I got to totally sleep in - awesome! I'd get up to check on them and he'd say - go back to bed. I seriously wish he could move in!!!

Dahlia was on her almost best behavior when Grandpa was here...Sunday night she went to bed at 8:30pm with no problems! She slept until 1am!! Last night she went down at 9:00pm (again no problems), I fed her from 10:30 til 11:30 or so and then she slept until 4am!! It was awesome! I woke up at 3:30 in a total panic because she hadn't woken up yet. Of course I had to sneak in her room to make sure she was still breathing. Luckily I didn't wake her up.

My Dad brought food with him and ingredients to make yet another meal (which we'll have tonight!); he brought some triplet hand-me-downs from my sister and some yummy muffin batter (from her) and most of all he brought love and peace of mind. It was truly awesome. I only wish we lived closer.

We'll see my folks on Friday! We're planning on driving to Austin after Steve gets off work on Friday afternoon - our first BIG car trip with the wee one (250 miles). I hope it goes smoothly!! I can't wait for Dahlia to meet my Grandma & Grandpa, my Aunt Ronnelle & my cousin Lindsay and her 8 month old, Gavin.

Basically? I love having things to look forward to!

Comments

Kate said…
I'm so glad your dad could come, Carrie! What a gift to everyone - him included. You got some much needed sleep I think, no?

And there's just something about having your dad around that makes you feel safe sometimes. You are very blessed.

Hope you have a great trip to Austin! I'll be thinking of you!
K said…
How lucky for you (& Dahlia) that you have such a wonderful Dad! I'm so glad that he was able to spend time with you both and give you a break (and some food! ;)). Safe travels....
kmd said…
What a wonderful grandpa! I'm happy you're getting some relief and have some things to look forward to.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....