Someday...

I'll blog about something other than Dahlia, my lack of sleep or well, something other than those two.

Until then...

last night was tough. The Little Miss didn't want to settle down after her 2am feeding. Steve finally gave up and left her to fuss w/her rainfall soother on but that didn't help. I ended up pulling her into bed with me around 3:45 or so so I could just put her nuk back in her mouth if she started fussing without having to give up. I'm sure all of those above statements constitute bad parenting. Ah well - we live and learn. We finally got some sleep this morning for an hour or so after Steve went to work. I felt bad for him. Out snowshoeing through deep snow in frigid cold off trail all day yesterday (working) and then up for most of the night.

Today's been up & down mentally. Sometimes I dig it - sometimes I hate it. I go back and forth. I did manage a shower, to throw in laundry and eat 1/2 a lunch. haha. Dahlia's in her "peanut shell" sling right now and starting to let me know she'd like to eat...so I guess it's time to go.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dude, it doesn't constitute "bad" parenting at ALL. It constitutes PARENTING - aka doing what you need to keep the little critter alive and reasonably content. You're doing a GREAT job! You have to remember that days pre-Dahlia probably had their ups and downs as well. It's just that once those ups and downs involve a little one, well somehow it all just gets magnified. Her contentment (or lack of depending on the moment I suppose) does NOT reflect on you or how you're doing as a Mommy! Babies get crabby just like anyone else. It's just that they can't say snotty things back yet - just wait, that part's coming in a few years. ;)

Let's touch base about getting together again before I head back to the world of employment!
Sarita said…
I pull Relia into bed with me all the time. We both love it and are just careful about it.
Test said…
amen juliemac!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....