Some Good Things

Thank you all for your comments yesterday. Obviously I was having a moment (a week?)...I'm not sure that it's over but I'm trying to dig deep and find some perspective. It's a lot easier to do when Steve's around. I dread the fact that tomorrow is Monday and he will be back at work. Pooh.

Good things:

* I wore my pre-pregnancy Levi's yesterday (and today)! Whohoo!

* Steve & I left Dahlia with Grandma B and took a hike for a couple of hours yesterday. It was heavenly.

* I pumped my record breastmilk yesterday - 235 (I think) mils. (although today has been very low. Hmph).

Thanks for your good wishes & hugs from a far. I can sure use them. I agree with Sarah - they should really teach you more about what to do AFTER the baby comes than delivery/labor (okay, that's important too)...it's much scarier though afterwards!!

Comments

Meigan said…
Damn girl, you're in your pre-pregnancy clothes already?? Now THAT'S something to be happy about!

You just hang in there. Take the good moments with the bad. This is really, truly a bittersweet time in your life & you will look back on it one day & treasure it because it is so brief & you'll never experience these kinds of highs & lows all together at once - well maybe not till she's a teen.

Hugs & white light to you, hon!
kmd said…
So glad to hear you're feeling better. I was worried about you. Hugs.
Test said…
As my sister has reminded me, they don't refer to this time period as the 4th trimester for nuthin'. It's tough to throw your life into utter chaos and be the person who is responsible for someone who can't take care of herself.

I felt exactly the same way when Pete would be downstairs working and I was upstairs with Claire. When is he going to come up to get something to eat? There are days when that is still the case and he feels the way I do.

I want you to know that you are already ahead of the game. Pete and I didn't do anything by ourselves until we went out for our anniversary in Sept. And we haven't done anything without her since. I'm not joking. I'm glad you and Steve continue to find time to be with each other - as a couple. That will be a big part to 'getting back into the grove'.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....