I knitted 8 rows last night!

Amazing but true. Steve, Dahlia & I went next door to Dustin & Anna's (hi Anna!) for this month's edition of Stitch & Bitch. There were lots of ladies there and a few gents too and it was fantabulous to get out of the house, converse with adults, drink a glass of wine (oh how I love the wildflower) and knit. I thought surely I had forgotten how. We were only there for a couple hours at most but it was great. Dahlia was perfectly behaved and it was great to get out of the house.

Also yesterday my friend Julie from my college days stopped by. She's a Mom too and has been helping me via IM cope with some of my mothering issues. She brought a cute blanket & socks for Dahlia and a bag of snacks (mostly containing oatmeal - it's supposed to increase milk supply!) for me. It was great to have a break in the day too.

Today has been quieter but I did get to take a nap which was fabulous. I also threw in a load of laundry & beef stew into the crockpot. I'm still out of sorts and trying to figure my head out amidst all this NEW stuff but hopefully I will without totally losing it. More sleep would definitely help.

I think the Zantac is helping Dahlia - let's hope so.

Oh! and the fabulous Donna sent a boxful of adorable clothes for Dahlia! She is going to be one fashionable kid!! (Way more than her Mama anyway!!) THANK YOU, Donna!

Comments

Meigan said…
See Carrie? You sound like a mom!You take the good days when you can get 'em. I'm glad you had some fun getting out of the house.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....