Happy New Year!

So, some New Year's Updates....

My folks were in town from Sunday through this morning. It was nice to have them here. They are madly in love with Miss Dahlia so they enjoy spending lots of times just holding her and cooing over her. My Dad sort of turned into "Super-Grandpa" after the birth of the triplets, and Dahlia is getting the same treatment.

Monday Steve went back to work (boo hoo) so I hung out with the little Boss and my parents. That afternoon my Dad & I made a Target & Cub run - the first time I left the house since Friday!! (weird). Monday night we had a NYE dinner (my Mom made wild rice soup) and we opened Christmas presents which was fun. After that Steve & I went out! Alone! Together! We had some Sammy's Pizza and then stopped by Sir Ben's for a couple of pints (well, I had one pint - I was soooooooooo tired). We were home by 11:45 - just in time to celebrate with the little one.

Yesterday we had our "Fake-Christmas-Day-Dinner" with my parents. Smoked turkey,
cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, champagne & peaches-and-cream pie. It was delicious (and exactly what we're having tonight for dinner! ha! Steve & I also got out of the house for a hike - up Chester Creek. Man am I out of shape!! It was good to breathe some fresh air though and get some exercise.

The milk production is still pitiful. *sigh* I am pumping every other time and sometimes I think it's getting better (70 mils!) but then I go back to have a couple 45's & 50's in a row. Pooh. I am meeting the Lactation Consultant again tomorrow and will probably go on Reglan to see if that helps. I'm nervous because one of the main side effects is *depression* and although I have never really dealt with that before with myself, I'm afraid that coupled with the crazy hormones and potential baby blues that there could be some fallout. I hope not. I just want to get production up!

Dahlia is such a sweetheart. She usually treats us very well and sleeps for a couple hours at a time so I can get some sleep at night - it's the hardest right away when I want to go to bed (10 or 11) as she's fussy and the feedings takes HOURS at that time. I still dread the nighttimes but I am hoping that we're getting better and the more she eats, the bigger she'll grow and the easier things'll get.

I'm still out of sorts with the whole motherhood thing. I can't believe this is my life. This is what I do every day (at least for now) and I'm trying to find time to cherish it. It's easy for me to get antsy and worry about the other things (house, work) that I'm not getting done. Then I feel guilty because I should just be concentrating on the little one. Vicious cycle.

Today my parents are gone and Steve's at work and it's COLD so I think we will just stay inside all day. I see a nap in my future. I haven't been able to "sleep when the baby sleeps" much (at all) because it's been so busy with Christmas & visitors and everything. Napping sounds really great right now though...I may just indulge....

**Oh and supposedly the Gestational Diabetes is gone...although I don't get checked again til the end of the month. Thank god I don't have to eat that diet right now because quite frankly I am finding it hard to find time to each much of anything at all! I am enjoying indulging in things like potatoes & pie though. :) My 6 week check up (for me) is scheduled for 1pm and I'm supposed to come fasting....um, that's not going to happen...I must change that appointment...oh and can I nurse while in the middle of a 2-hour glucose tolerance test or will that screw things up??

Dahlia calls!! I must go!

Comments

michelle said…
Happy New Year to you too!

Glad things are going well! Can't wait to see you and the little one again soon :)
Cellomama said…
Happy New Year!

I'm glad you had a good visit with your folks, and that you and Steve stole away for some time together. Pete and I are really lousy at doing that, but it's so important!!

You really sound like you're doing a fantastic job with the breastfeeding in terms of sticking with it and not letting it freak you out too much. It's so much pressure, and you sound pretty level-headed.

And the house stuff can wait. Sleep whenever you can!!
Test said…
I'm glad G&G Rossow were able to come up and give you two some alone time. It's a precious commodity.

I agree with cello mama. It's also tough to adjust to all the changes that have taken place, give yourself some time. And trust me, I know how you feel about the house work, et al. We've learned to just not dwell on it too much and take it in VERY small chunks. Anyone coming to our house knows the story so they don't expect much!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....