Grandparents ROCK

This past weekend was great. My folks got into town around noonish on Friday and came over. My Mom brought FOOD! and supplies! It was awesome. Friday afternoon my Mom & I ran some errands while Dahlia & Grandpa hung out at the house. That night my Mom cooked us enchiladas for dinner while I napped (!) (well, I tried to nap...). Saturday they came over again and watched the little Miss while Steve & I went skiing! I went skiing! I got outside & raised my heart rate & breathed fresh air - awesome! The trail (Piedmont) was in stellar condition and it was a lot of fun. I did wipe out once quite nicely though - doh. While we were gone my Mom dusted (!!) the living & dining room and cleaned the microwave (my microwave is always not clean enough for my Mom!). That evening she cooked again - spaghetti pizza while Steve put together our new shelves in the basement and my Dad was on Dahlia time. Oh I forgot - before dinner my Mom & I went shopping. I got some new NON MATERNITY clothes and supplies from Target. It's so easy to run errands when you're not toting a small human with you. :)

That night we met Chris & Michelle for a drink. I was so exhausted though that it wasn't a great night for me. Plus I got all emotional & teary when Steve & I started talking about my decision to stop with the breastfeeding. I probably should've just stayed in and gone to bed but it's hard to pass up the chance to hang out with friends when you have willing & able Grandparents to babysit sitting at your house! I had my first beer since May.

Sunday the Grandparents came again and my Dad worked on putting a threshold thingy in between our dining room & kitchen, Steve finished the shelving unit and Mom & I hung out with Dahlia. Dahlia got spoiled - a couple new books, a Valentine's bib (from the triplets) and a new outfit. My Mom brought MORE (!) food and we had sloppy joes for lunch. Then they left and I was sooooo very sad. My parents rock. They just do.

That afternoon Michelle & Chris stopped over and held the baby for a couple hours. Michelle's got the baby-fever bad!! I say - come on over at 4am and take a shift for me. :) Then they left...and I was sad. :(

Dahlia now has options! Grandma & Grandpa brought up a swing and a bouncy seat on loan from the triplets. It's so great to have another thing to do, a place to put her - I love having options. (crap - just remembered I left the vibration thingy on her bouncy seat...doh!).

She hasn't been the best to us in the middle of the night - I don't know why but getting her back down to sleep is very very difficult. We're trying different things - but it's been tough on both Steve & I. Hopefully things will start to settle down soon because Mama could use some sleep. Seriously.

More pics to come...have to get them off the camera first but now it's the Queen's lunchtime. :)

Comments

Mrs. Ca said…
Sounds like a wonderful/tiring weekend. Moms are always the best at making you feel better, aren't they? My mom was here early last week, and I didn't want her to ever leave.
Kate said…
Oh Carrie! So great to see the pictures! You look fantastic for having a six week old. And yes, moms and dads, grandmas and grandpas can make all the difference in the world. There's just something about feeling SAFE when they're around!

Love you!
Test said…
She looks fantastic. I just want to hug her.

I'm glad grandma and grandpa could come up for a visit and give you and Steve some well needed respite. Good for you for going out and getting some fresh air. My fat ass would have stayed on the couch :)

Ms. D's clock is still adjusting. I've heard that babes often have their clocks turned around. Claire would do the same thing and just when we started to get used to her she switched it up again (still does).

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....