And in this corner....

weighing in at just above her birth weight - MISS DAHLIA MARIE!

Yay! We had a successful appointment today at the breast feeding clinic and Dahlia is up to 6lbs 1.8oz! Yay! That is up from 5lbs 12oz last Friday. Whohooo! She has finally passed her birth weight and her cheeks are starting to fill out.

The week after she was born (when we were effectively starving her) she was down to 5lbs 1oz! Scary. So this is a very good turn of events. Things I think are getting better with the whole feeding situation - she hasn't many supplements (either breast milk or formula) in the past few days (I actually have 3 pumped supplements ready & waiting - whohoo! 6 oz total - wow!) and she seems to be more satisfied in general. I started on Reglan today - hopefully that will increase milk production, let me stop pumping 4-5 times a day, fatten up Miss Dahlia and not make me go crazy with depression (one of the major side effects). We'll see how it goes.

In the meantime I am happy that Dahlia is on the right track.

Comments

K said…
Awesome! That must be a huge relief for you! What wonderful news. I'm sure you're on the upswing now.... :)
Test said…
fantastic news! she's going to grow so quickly you won't even have time to worry :) next thing i know you will be posting that she is already outgrowing her NB clothing!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....