The Kindness of Strangers

Everyone once in a while my faith in humanity is restored. This incident in September was one. That was a real almost-crisis. Today I just got hung up on crusty snow while trying to turn around in an alley and I couldn't get unstuck. Usually that would entail me jumping out of the car, grabbing my shovel and going to town, but with this whole 35-weeks-pregnant thing that doesn't happen so much these days. So I was doing the Minnesota-Shuffle (ie: rocking the car from reverse to forward) trying to get it loose when I see a guy come out of the building across the street, walk over to my car, get in front of it and push me out. And then he was on his way back to the building across the street. That's nice. It's so nice when people just help people out. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, that is nice. And you didn't even get a chance to thank him?

P.S. What is up with blogger not allowing me to put in my URL? None of the Blogger sites seem to allow it anymore. Weird.
Test said…
Karma baby. One would think for as many times as we could get stuck we would help each other more, eh?
I'm glad to hear this story!
Nanette said…
Awwww, very sweet.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....