I'm having a baby - IN TWO WEEKS

I'm also having issues. *sigh* Big fat depressing thoughts-rolling-around-in-my-brain issues. Issues about futures, happiness, 'what do I want to be when I grow up,' etc and so on...which then leads to guilt, and unfinished Christmas projects, and sleep but sleep is hard to come by so mostly just laying, and drooling - GOOD LORD THE PREGNANCY DROOLING I will not miss.

I am in a funk. This year is so weird - I mean "this Christmas season" because Steve & I are so distracted....so preoccupied...not only is the new job kicking his ass (he hasn't had to be on someone else's schedule since before I knew him), but I'm exhausted and there are a million things to do and the house is a disaster and it's all we can do to sit together for 30 minutes before we declare we MUST go to bed and this is BEFORE we even HAVE the new little person in the house. Ay yi yi. I'm sure it's all *normal* and *natural* and "baby cold feet" is probablly what I'm experiencing but it sucks and makes me feel sooooooooooooo ungrateful, guilty and sad. Hmph.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well this is just a stressful time of year anyway, and you guys have a couple other HUGE things going on alongside holiday stress. I say give yourself permission to slack on holiday stuff, girl. There will be many many more holidays to get crafty and crazy but the important thing is your husband and your baby on the way. No one will think any less of you, I promise. And next year, your little one will be almost a year and you'll have more time than you imagine you will to do this stuff. Not like you had before baby, but more than you think you will.
Cellomama said…
TOTALLY NORMAL. I went through the same thing and wondered how Pete and I would ever have a marriage again when we could barely keep our lives together with just the two of us. But your priorities change, and things that used to be CRITICAL just aren't anymore. I think it is especially hard to have a holiday-season baby, too, because there are just so many other distractions abounding. Come January things will settle down and you'll have plenty of time to get into the swing of things with the new baby, new schedule, etc.

HUGS to you. It's just the end-of-pregnancy blahs. Just two weeks to go and life will be grand again.
Nanette said…
I have no advice, but I get the feeling that you two (and eventually three) with get through it all easier than you think.
Test said…
It's a crazy time and the uncertainty always throws us for the loop. For the first time in our lives we are really responsible for someone else. Scary, but oh so exciting! Once Baby B gets here you will feel a totally different way. Looking at those little hands, ears, toes and eyes will make you feel like you can get through just about anything in the world. Especially b/c you have a house full of LOVE.

All I can say is don't have super high expectations. Give yourself time. Pete and I are still adjusting to the whole business and Claire will be 6 months on Friday.
Peder said…
This won't help at all, but I can tell you that it's a natural feeling. Everyone goes through it. It's just like feeling that you can't afford children. No one can, but that doesn't stop them.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....