2 Weeks


So yesterday Miss Dahlia had her 2 week check up - TWO WEEKS already! How the heck did that happen. She is doing good - gaining a wee bit of weight but at least not losing. She's still not up to her birth weight yet but hopefully will be soon.

She weighed in at 5lbs 12oz....that puts her in the 2nd percentile! I guess she's going to be a little one through life - look at her parents! I mean really, we're a combined height of about 10 1/2 feet so.... She's measuring 18.75 inches long (4th percentile) but that is different than the 19 1/4 she was at the hospital. When I said "oh! she's shrinking!" the clinical assistant said - well, we measure differently here... (?). (weird).

Everything else on the little one looks good. She's pooping & peeing like a champ; she eats mostly good - except when I try to wake her to eat (ay yi yi - soooo not fun). Her heart, lungs, tummy, legs, arms etc are all as they should be...and she's still just delicious.

Auntie Kathy & Uncle Jay visited today and the triplets sent along lots of preemie clothes - yay! She finally has some things she fits in. IT's so fun to see her arms fit into her sleeves. :) My friend Sarah O. visited as well as Sarah B. - it was so fun to show off my little one. Kathy & Jay also brought us food - yay! Sloppy joes, buns, carrots & celery, dip, chips and brownies! It rocked as we were both starving this afternoon. Kathy also did some dishes which rocked my world. We opened presents too - it was a good day. The crying (on my part) was at a minimum - yay!

Still not much milk...but we'll keep trying....

Okay - time to wind down and relax a bit...then feeding time, then Mama-Gets-A-Glass-of-Wine-Time. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Have you been released from your gestational diabetes prison? I assume you have but I realize I've been focused on that girl and haven't asked you how YOU are.
kmd said…
She is SO Beautiful! Congratulations, again, Steve and Carrie!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....