VOTE!



Today is election day. I hope if you have local elections happening you've gotten out to vote! Or will before the polls close tonight.

We have a big race in Duluth this year. Mayor. The candidates are 33 year old Don Ness who is energetic, young (duh), progressive, endorsed DFL candidate, a HUGE doer in the city - organizing many arts events, young professional organizations and tons of side projects. He's also been on the City Council for the past 8 years. I did some video editing for his campaign website
and well, you can guess who I voted for.

The other candidate is Charlie Bell - a business man in his 50's who ran for mayor last time 'round and lost. He's very pro-business and has a lot of ideas about that but never seems to have any answers in debates or concrete plans. He's a nice enough person (or so it appears) but not a lot of umph, in my opinion. He's the Republican in the race.

There is also a City Council at Large race, a couple of amendments to the City Charter, and a school board race.

I'll be anxious to view the election results when we get home from our baby class tonight. Unfortunately I think I will be too tired to go to the VICTORY party at the Ness headquarters. *sigh* Oh well.I can't eat desserts anyway. ha.

Comments

Sarita said…
Nothing to vote for here. Too bad. We coulda had free noodles & company if we had an "I voted" sticker

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....