Thoroughly Showered

Yesterday was so much fun. Laurie and Sarah did an awesome job on the shower. The Chick Pea's room is sort of a "jungle theme" and the invites to the shower had a very cute giraffe on them....lots of the stuff at the shower also fit that theme - from sleepers to stuffed animals (the stuffed giraffes are SO CUTE), to jungle toys & a 'jungle chicken' - so cute! I am so grateful and so showered with love it's awesome. What a great feeling.

and the BABIES!!!! Holly was there with Miss Claire, Sarah was there with Miss Aurelia, Freya was there with Mr. Johan, my cousin Lindsay was there with Gavin and of course Laurie's little one Kate was there too! It was the first time I got to meet Claire & Aurelia which was so cool! It was a lot of fun to see all the babies. They were all REALLY GOOD too.

The food was fantastic. A bit too much so...my numbers were BAD yesterday. Part of me says "eh, whatever..." I'm about 99% sure I'll be on insulin tomorrow anyway. Maybe then they'll up my carbs so I can actually feel FULL at some point through the day. My sister suggested more protein - but I just ate a 1/2 cup of edamame and a boca burger and 1/2 c. mac & cheese (homemade) and I'm STARVING. Ugh.

The b-day party last night was fun - but centered A LOT around "snacking" which was pretty much pure torture for me. I love to snack. I ate a lot of mixed nuts & carrots but it wasn't quite the same. We didn't get our pizza til about 10pm and I thought I was going to DIE by then. Plus then I had to stay up 2 hours later to test my blood and I was beyond ready for bedtime. *sigh* Oh well. Next year I will not be as much of a party-pooper.

Photos to come when I get some emailed to me! Thank you everyone for coming to the shower - it was a lot of fun and we are truly blessed to have all of you in our lives....

(now it's time to go because I'm getting sappy....)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....