O Christmas Tree!


I put our tree up on Sunday (Monday?) afternoon but we hadn't had time to get the lights on and it decorated yet. Steve is the master of all things LIGHTS in our house (from lamps, to dimmer switches, to different wattages & colors of lightbulbs to Christmas lights) and he didn't want me messing with the lead-filled light cords so I waited (mostly patiently) til he had time to get the lights on so I could decorate. I love his preciseness in this task. He makes sure the tree looks lovely & perfectly lit and that makes me happy. I'm much more "slap-dash" about everything myself so it's nice to sit back once in a while and watch a perfectionist at work. Then I come in and throw the ornaments on....and then we fill in the gaps together.

I'm so happy to have it up *early* (for us) this year. I wanted to be able to enjoy it before more craziness sets in. I absolutely love the mellow light it throws off and I think it's about time to pull out the Christmas music & movies.

Comments

MommyLisa said…
My hubby is the master of lights too! He puts SO many on our tree that we do not need to turn on any at night when it is on. Precision AND plenty. It is crazy, but it is his deal.

Last week he even called me out shopping and said he decided he wanted TWO more strands for the tree this year, could I stop at Target on my way home? ;)
carrster said…
You can't tell from the photo, but this tree is carefully strung with white & green lights...white going up, green coming down. It looks really nice.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....