Hair Cut



I know, I know. Cardinal rule broken. Don't get your hair cut (short) while pregnant or it will make you look like a pin-head (according to this book)...but I couldn't handle the scragglyness any more. And it's Thanksgiving this week and I'll see my Mom and I didn't want to hear her say "You should really get a haircut." So I figured...if I get it cut "short" now then I won't have to think about it again for another 6 weeks or so.....


I don't like it. I rarely do one day into it but I suppose it'll get better when I have more time, figure it out, it grows out, etc. Honestly at this point, I don't care a whole lot. I look *weird* all around so in future years when I look at pictures I'll just blame it all on Baby B - nice, huh?
So I had another appointment today at the diabetes clinic. Guess what? I get more insulin! Whohoo. Another shot before dinner (I suspected this would be the case)...and I'm bumping my dosage at lunchtime from 2 units to 4 units as those numbers haven't been stellar. I also was told to add a couple units if I'm going to have an EXTRA big or SPECIAL meal (ie: THANKSGIVING!). I'm excited because I'm going to eat on that day. I've also been "prescribed" two short morning walks on turkey day along with one in the afternoon...that coupled with a little extra insulin should make my day of eating much more pleasant. Whoohoo.
Steve & I also have a family reunion to attend on Friday and I got the go-ahead for a little extra "help" (now I sound like a junkie!) for that meal too. That puts me a little more at ease because I was really wondering how I was going to manage myself around all this yummy food. I know, poor me, but it's hard! I was at the groc last night and just looking at people loading their carts with such yumminess made me want to climb the walls. I then went home and ate a cheese & meat stick. Hmmmmm.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
The cut is cute, I think.

Good thing they have a plan in place for you to eat good holiday food!
michelle said…
I think you look adorable - and your eyes are insanely blue btw - beautiful!

glad you got the extra help to help you enjoy the holiday feasting :)

(and I'm feelings TONS better today - thanks :))
African Kelli said…
Seriously? Super cute hair. Work that curl!
and Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Cellomama said…
I know they say don't cut your hair...

BUT IT'S SO CUTE!

I always like your hair short - it suits you!
kmd said…
Yes, I agree with everyone – the cut is great! And so are your eyes! Wow!
Test said…
damn girl. those eyes are to die for. you look fantasic. as a straight haired girl I am way jealous.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....