The Birthday Boy



Steve's birthday was on Wednesday - Halloween Baby. :) He had his interview that day, he visited his great-aunt (those events were up on "the Range"); he had to do some work and he took a hike when he returned home.



I picked him up and shuttled him back to his car after his hike...we got pizza from Papa Murphy's, handed out some candy to trick-or-treaters (where Steve re-learned the "don't-let-them-grab-candy-themselves" rule), we had a Chocoholic Bundt Cake, he opened presents & we watched a creepy show on the Travel Channel.


By time we had eaten & he had opened his gifts we were sort of pooped. He had a long day and I'm generally a dud these days. So we didn't go out for that b-day drink - the thought of hanging out with drunk, dressed up people just wasn't that appealing after a long day.


I don't think he had that GREAT of a birthday but I tried to do what I could. Hopefully next year we'll do something more spectacular for his birthday (if you remember - last year on his birthday he got stranded in the Boundary Waters and I was FREAKING OUT because I hadn't heard from him - he was supposed to be home that day!)

Next year's b-day will involve 3 of us being dressed up (:)), visits to the 'grandparents' houses I'm sure and well, something more FUN to celebrate being closer to 40 than to 30 (egads).

Comments

Cellomama said…
I can't wait to hear about his birthday next year. I've never been too big on Halloween, but I tell ya, having kids makes such a difference. This year Kate sort of "got" the whole thing and watching her walk around in her little giraffe costume holding daddy's hand just melted my heart into mush.

Glad to hear he had a good day - happy belated b-day, Steve!
kmd said…
Happy Belated Birthday, Steve!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....